(Interested in Placing an Ad? Click Here)
Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community
Under limited supervision from the Senior Construction Manager or Program Manager, provides assistance as needed and manages an array of construction-related projects. Administers, coordinates, and participates in all aspects of design and construction management, including budgeting, scheduling, programming, design development, bidding, plan review, contract negotiation and administration, inspection, testing, and project closeout for various construction-related projects. Monitors construction activities and provides status reports on work in progress. This job class is treated as FSLA Exempt.
Examples of Tasks:
Essential Functions: Essential functions may vary among positions, but may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills, abilities, and other characteristics. This list of tasks is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not intended to be a comprehensive listing of tasks performed by all positions in this classification.
Distinguishing Features: The Construction Manager is distinguished from the entry-level Construction Coordinator by possessing a higher level of experience and technical expertise in construction management. This job class is expected to perform construction management activities with little oversight on small to mid-size construction CIP projects and assume a lead role in coordinating and ensuring these projects are completed on time, within budget, and according to acceptable construction practices and industry standards.
1. Manages and oversees construction management activities for various construction-related projects. Performs activities such as project planning, definition of scope, consultant selection, project design / review, cost estimates, contractor selection, project scheduling / monitoring, inspections, quality control, audits, project closeout, etc.
2. Meets with other departments, Community representatives, outside vendors, and contractors to review proposed projects and activities. Effectively communicates project goals, expectations, progress reports, and other pertinent information to team members and project stakeholders.<
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
• Knowledge of the history, culture, laws, customs, and traditions of the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community.
• Knowledge of engineering and construction principles, concepts, methods, techniques, and practices.
• Knowledge of building, safety and industrial codes.
• Knowledge of the Community's procurement policy.
• Knowledge of preparation of plans, specifications, cost estimates, schedules, and construction documents for a variety of construction and public works projects.
• Knowledge of design and construction industry standard contract documents.
• Knowledge of the practice, principles and methods of construction management and contract administration.
• Knowledge of current technologies applied in the construction industry.
• Knowledge of construction materials testing and construction inspection.
• Skill in use of personal computers, including software applications such as Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Professional software.
• Skill in evaluating construction work in progress, including plans, feasibility recommendations, specifications, cost estimates, and completed work.
• Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with consulting engineers, contractors, public officials and representatives of outside agencies and organizations.
• Skill in negotiating terms and conditions of contracts and sensitive agreements.
• Ability to determine appropriate methodology for successful completion of projects, including research, planning; contract management and compliance.
• Ability to read and effectively interpret architectural and engineering plans, specifications, manuals, supplemental instruction and shop-drawings.
• Ability to effectively and efficiently resolve conflict.
• Ability to manage, supervise, and evaluate technical and professional personnel.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to walk, stoop, climb, bend, work in extreme weather conditions, and have ability to inspect building sites up to a height of 50 feet.
• Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Education & Experience: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Architecture, or closely related field, and a minimum of four (4) years experience in construction management, civil engineering, architecture, construction, public works, or closely related field.
• A Master's degree in a job related discipline may substitute for two (2) years of the work experience.
Equivalency: Any equivalent combination of experience and education that will allow the applicant to satisfactorily perform the duties of the job may be considered when filling the position.
Insurability: Must possess and maintain a valid Arizona Driver's License and meet the SRPMIC insurance standards.
Special Requirement: Licensed Contractor or registration and/or certification in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Architecture or other related field in the State of Arizona required.
"SRPMIC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer" Preference will be given to a qualified Community Member, then a qualified Native American and then other qualified candidate. TO APPLY OR FOR MORE JOB INFO GO TO: WWW.SRPMIC-NSN.GOV/EMPLOYMENT *Resumes alone will not be accepted.
Posted: November 21, 2013
Expiration: November 27, 2013
City of El Mirage
Plan and direct the activities of the City's Utilities Division related to water and wastewater facilities, customer service, meter reading and other related programs and projects, including all municipal infrastructure within the Utilities Division; coordinate assigned activities with other city departments and outside agencies; administers the preparation of the division's capital and operational budgets. Supervision is exercised over professional, technical and clerical personnel.
Seven (7) years of increasingly responsible experience as a professional engineer in water and wastewater utility design, construction, unit process control and optimization including experience in a governmental entity and at least two (2) years previous supervisory experience; Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in civil engineering, or related engineering field, or any equivalent combination of experience that provides the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the work.
Must be registered as a Professional Engineer at time of hire with registration in the State of Arizona obtained within six (6) months of employment. Must obtain Arizona Department of Environmental Quality Grade IV certification in Water or Wastewater within six months of hire. Valid Arizona driver's license required.
Refer to Job Description for additional information.
The City reserves the right to consider only the most highly qualified applicants for the succeeding examination processes. Application review (Training and Experience Evaluation) and Interview. Appointment subject to successful completion of background investigation and drug test.
APPLY TO: Submit completed employment application to:
City of El Mirage Human Resources Department
12145 NW Grand Avenue, El Mirage, AZ 85335
Application forms are available for download at http://www.cityofelmirage.org/jobs.aspx
Incomplete applications or resumes in lieu of applications will not receive consideration.
THE CITY OF EL MIRAGE is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted: November 19, 2013
Expiration: January 18, 2014
Burgess & Niple
Burgess & Niple (B&N) is seeking a full-time entry level transportation engineer in their Tempe, AZ office, with 0-2 years of experience and a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering and EIT certification. A part-time internship leading to a full-time position upon graduation in winter of 2013 or spring of 2014 would be considered; obtaining an Engineer-in-Training certification would be required upon graduation. A candidate with work or co-op experience in roadway or traffic engineering design in Arizona is preferred. Experience with Microstation is desirable, and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite is required. Other design packages such as InRoads, Synchro, and AutoCAD are a plus. The successful candidate will be expected to perform a range of assignments, including roadway and traffic engineering calculations, analysis and design, preparation of construction plans and specifications, transportation studies and report writing. A positive attitude, with eagerness to participate in a dynamic and fun work environment is necessary. Excellent opportunity for growth and development. B&N was established in 1912, and currently serves a wide range of public and private sector clients from offices across the nation with projects worldwide. Apply online at www.burgessniple.com/careers for position #2249. An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted: November 15, 2013
Expiration: December 31, 2013
Structural Grace, Inc.
Location: Phoenix, AZ, Tucson, AZ
Job Type: Full-Time
Qualifications: BSCE degree (MSCE preferred)
PE License, 10 Years Experience
Strong technical expertise and initiative for the design and construction of unique bridges
Opportunity: Lead the analysis, design and plan production for bridge structures. Support the engineering team's development of construction bid documents. Demonstrate knowledge of and experience with AASHTO (17th Edition and LRFD) and other pertinent bridge design codes. Work on non-typical bridge designs and embrace creative solutions; immediately work on and learn the intricacies of segmental bridge design; and oversee construction of a variety of bridge structures. Perform steel bridge and structure designs and prepare associated plans. Grow into future project management roles.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Perform calculations and analysis for designing bridge and transportation structures
• Develop concepts and design of structural details for bridge projects
• Mentor junior engineers
• Review shop drawing submittals
• Review proposed bridge construction methods
• Field review for bridges under construction
• Research and report on findings for design code issues, design options, etc.
• Conduct quantity take-offs and assign unit costs for bridge engineer's estimate
• Ensure drawings and designs are in accordance with company's production and design standards and follow company's established QA/QC procedures
• Other assignments as needed
Benefits: In addition to competitive salaries, Structural Grace, Inc., offers a comprehensive benefit package for full-time employees including health, dental and life insurance, training and tuition assistance, Section 125 plan, Simple IRA, accrued paid leave and paid holidays.
Structural Grace, Inc. provides structural engineering design, construction administration, inspection and construction staking solutions to both private and public sector clients throughout Arizona. With offices in Tucson and Phoenix, Structural Grace employs a diverse staff of 30, including engineers specializing in structural design, transportation civil design, project management, and construction management; a registered architect; CADD designers, inspectors and construction surveyors.
Please e-mail resume in confidence to email@example.com or fax to 520/320-0157.
Posted: November 12, 2013
Expiration: December 31, 2013
Senior Tailings/Mine Waste Engineer
Golder Associates is a respected, employee-owned, global company providing consulting, design, and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment, and the related areas of energy. From 180 offices worldwide, our more than 8,000 employees work with clients to manage their environmental and engineering activities in a technically sound, economically viable, and socially responsible manner.
The Tucson, Arizona office of Golder Associates is seeking an engineering professional with experience in the design, operation, and maintenance of heap leach pads, tailings impoundments, and/or surface water control structures to support our ongoing geotechnical services to mining clients. Duties will include proposal writing, project management, staff mentoring, technical review, facility design, and report writing.
• BS in Civil, Geotechnical, or similar, with a minimum of 10-15 years' experience in the design of tailing, heap leach, and/or surface water control systems
• Minimum of 10 years' experience in an engineering service company
• Excellent verbal and written skills - experience with direct client contact
• MS Office competent - MS Project or other similar software preferred
• Willingness to travel internationally as dictated by project demands
• International work experience preferred (outside candidates home country)
• Multiple language capability a plus
• Pass a pre-employment physical including a drug screening and background check
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
Please apply at www.golder.com/careers.
No telephone calls or emails please.
Posted: August 5, 2013
Expiration: Until Filled
Civil Engineer Corps (CEC) Officer United States Navy Reserve. Responsible for managing the construction and maintenance of Navy and Marine Corps shore facilities. CEC officers may manage the construction and maintenance of a wide variety of facitlities, including schools, streets, parks, hospitals, factories, research centers, utility systems, harbors and airports worldwide- as well as timberland and oil and mineral deposits that are managed by the Navy. Additionally, CEC officers are responsible for leading the Seabees- the Navy and Marine Corps military construction force.
A Bachelor of Science in Engineering - preferably civil, mechanical, electrical, mining, petroleum or architecture - from an ABET or NAAB accredited college is required.
Applicants cannot exceed age 42 at time of commissioning unless they have prior military experience.
Contact Don Rooks, LT, USN (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Posted: February 3, 2012
Interested in Placing an Ad? Click Here